Worldcon 76 starts on Thursday, and I am excited!
And also slightly overwhelmed, so I’m glad I’m not appearing on much programming myself – it’s not often that you hear a writer admit that. =D But I will be appearing on a little of it, and I’ll definitely be around all weekend, so please do come say hi anytime! You can purchase Wings Unseen at Borderlands Books’ vendor booth, and I’m happy to sign copies. Here’s where I know I’ll be:
- 8 pm: SF in SF presents George R. R. Martin in conversation with John Picacio at the Fox Theater, benefiting Locus Magazine! This is not an official Worldcon event, but it is Worldcon adjacent.
- 6 pm: The Borderlands Sponsor Party at Loft Bar and Bistro. This is a party only for sponsors of Borderlands Books in San Francisco. But I can take a plus 1…
- 12 am to 1:30 am: The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) Hospitality Suite. I’ll be on Door Dragon duty, checking SFWA memberships and IDs for entrance.
- 1 pm to 1:25 pm: I’ll be signing books at the SFWA table in the Exhibit Hall.
- 6:45 – 8:45 pm: Ghost Hunting Tour! You too can sign up for this downtown San Jose tour led by Bay Area Ghost Hunter Adrienne Foster. $15, I think.
- 10 am: How Would Civilization Evolve if…: How Human and Nonhumans Would Evolve Based on Their Environment – This is a panel being led by professors from my alma mater, UC Santa Cruz (banana slugs, forever!), so I’m making sure I’ll be in attendance. 210 E at the Convention Center.
- 2 pm: Craft Klatsch with the East Bay Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Meetup group – This is an offsite event for members of the Meetup group that I co-helm in the East Bay. You are welcome to join us and learn more! Here’s the Meetup event.
- 5 pm: Broad Universe Rapid Fire Reading! I’ll be one of 15 readers at this traditional Broad Universe event, where we toss tiny tidbits of fiction out into the wild at breakneck pace. Join us! Here’s our poster:
- I don’t really know how the Hugos work…but I’m planning to attend or watch a simulcast or whatever the case may be. Help me?
- Midnight – 1:30 am: I’ll again be Door Dragon for the SFWA Hospitality Suite.
- The last day of Worldcon, alas. I will likely catch some friends’ readings in the afternoon then head home to Oakland and the husband and kitties.
Whew! That schedule is only of events I *know* I’ll be attending, though a good many of my days are full with potential plans already. Always feel free to tweet at, Facebook message, or email me to try and find a time to get together. Or a drink at barcons, as it goes. Cheers to that!